GCSE exam stress is common … You are not alone.
GCSE exam stress is common and the ChildLine National Exam Stress Survey revealed that 96% of the 1300 who completed the survey felt anxious about GCSE exams and revision, with 59% feeling pressure to do well and 64% feeling they needed more support in dealing with exams.
Worryingly in the survey results, some of you said you coped with anxiety by smoking, taking drugs and self-harming. You might feel that this is the only way you can cope with these negative emotions but it doesn’t have to be.Source: ChildLine website
These homeopathic remedies are often used for GCSE exam stress and anxiety related to performance.Tweet
The alarming statistics reveal that almost half of pupils say they have skipped meals, two thirds of those surveyed said they have trouble sleeping and 14% said they drank alcohol as a way of dealing with GCSE exam stress & anxiety.
Time to intervene and help them with GCSE exam stress, performance anxiety, concentration, confidence & ‘overwhelm’ …
Symptoms of GCSE exam stress can include a triggering of any weak spots the child has (migraines, eating disorders, for example). Common symptoms include:
- problems with going to sleep
- or getting up in the morning.
- Strongly beating heart,
- Chest pains,
- back pains,
- shortness of breath.
- Stomach upset,
- or diarrhoea.
Homeopathic Remedies For GCSE Exam Stress / Performance Anxiety.
These homeopathic remedies are often used for GCSE exam stress and anxiety related to performance. The symptoms are a guide. You may see all of the symptoms or some of them. Consult a homeopath for a thorough treatment or try the most similar remedy you can see below. Try one remedy at a time.
Use the remedy in strength levels 30c or 200c (Amazon, Helios & Source are good suppliers). Make up a homeopathic solution (‘How To’ page is here) and dose every 20 minutes with 30c or hourly with 200c. As soon as you feel better, stop taking the remedy and wait.
- Gelsemium: Timid. Afraid and performs poorly. Dull, dizzy and drowsy. Weak and trembly. Frequent urination and diarrhoea.
- Lycopodium: Performance anxiety but they tend to do well when it comes to it. Dictatorial at home and well behaved with ‘superiors’/at school. Abdominal bloating. Inflated ego covering insecurity.
- Aconite: anxiety with proper ‘terror’ attacks (palpitations, numbness and tingling, trembling, red face, sweating, faint, breathing difficulty). Well between attacks. Fearful of many things.
- Silica – anxiety from indecision and overwhelm. Heavy sweat (+ smelly feet). Fear to undertake new tasks. Sensitive to cold drafts. Constipation.
- Argentum Nitricum – anticipatory anxiety from extreme performance pressure causing diarrhoea. Desire for sweets (which cause diarrhoea) and salty food. Impulsive and reckless.
- Nux Vomica – anxiety related to issues of time, fear of being criticized for wasting time, feeling like they don’t have enough time. Hard task master with family. Digestive disorders, burning indigestion.
- Phosphoric Acid – Exhaustion [mental and physical, with depression & apathy]. Strong desire for fizzy drinks or juices [‘refreshing’ things].
- Picric Acid – Exhaustion (mental) that is like a wall that comes down prior to exams