Taking Your Remedies
Your Remedies Are:
Sold as little sucrose balls coated with the homeopathic remedy.
Taking a Single dose:
- Avoid eating, drinking or brushing teeth for 10 mins before & after your remedy.
- *Please don’t add the remedy to a flavoured drink*.
- Drop 1 pill [or 3-5 tiny pills from Sourcehomeopathy] into a small glass of spring [or filter] water, stir thoroughly and take 1/2 tsp.
- ‘A single dose’ means one dose for one day only, unless it says ‘for X number of days’
- Homeopathic remedies usually need to be taken just once as they trigger the body’s own healing action. [There are some occasions on which I’ll ask you to repeat].
It is best to take remedies in water rather than as dry pills. Aggravation symptoms are then avoided because you are able to bash [or stir] to change the potency slightly. Homeopathic solution [full instructions + video].
If I have more than one remedy to take.
- Spread them out. Leave at least a 30 minute gap.
- Start all remedies on the same day unless it says “take X then wait X weeks and start X”.
- Detox doses are usually taken 2 x a week on Monday & Thursday [other days are fine too].
Repeat Doses [Includes all Detoxes.]
Make a homeopathic solution first and bash the bottle firmly on a soft surface 3 times before each dose.
If you cannot use alcohol to preserve your homeopathic solution:
Make up the solution without alcohol and keep it in the fridge. It will last 4 days and you’ll need to remake it after that. Bash 3 times before each dose.
*This is a compromise and not ideal as you go back down to the original potency when you make the new solution. Use alcohol if at all possible.
Homeopathic Detox Solutions: Raising The Potency.
If you need to raise the potency of a detox: From the next potency add 1 x #6 pill [from Helios, ie] or 3-5 small pills [from Source] to the same bottle you’ve been using. There is no need to renew the water or add more pills.
7 pills of 30c don’t make a 200c!
The potencies have major quality [processing] differences. You can’t make a 200c by putting together lots of 30c pills. Just saying 🙂
If you have an acute problem and you don’t have a 200c, you can use a 30c more often.
See acute dosing instructions in my course Can I Treat It Myself.
What To Avoid If You Are Having Homeopathic Treatment.
You came for treatment because you were suffering … so it is worth committing to avoid the the list of antidotes below wherever possible. If your problem relapses, look for which antidote you may have accidentally been exposed to and eliminate it. Then contact me for instructions.
Homeopathic remedies can be antidoted by
- caffeinated drinks like cola,
- strong chemical odours,
- high stress (unavoidable sometimes),
- heavy alcohol consumption [more than 5 units in one 24 hour period],
- prescribed & recreational drugs, ie, steroids (you will be given more doses if you are on medications, in an attempt to overcome this problem).
- Some remedies (Nat mur in particular) can be antidoted by menthol.
- Most remedies are antidoted by camphor & should not be stored near camphor products [vapour rubs, chest rubs, etc.]
Storing Your Remedies
Homeopathic remedies need to be protected from bright light, heat and moisture. Keep all remedies away from camphor products.
If kept in this way they have an endless shelf life.
If you make them up into a homeopathic solution you can add 40% proof alcohol (vodka or brandy) as a preservative and they can be stored in a cool, dark place indefinitely.
Remedy pills should not be touched & be especially careful to avoid touching other people’s remedies as you can get dosed through your skin.